Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thoughts of you

Its 6am and I can't sleep. I can hear raindrops just outside my bedroom window. Slow but determined. If i did want to go back to sleep, i could count them instead of sheep. Everywhere else is quiet. Except for the occasional passing car. Its times like this i can actually say there is nothing on my mind. So i lay back and let my mind drift to the past. The past always holds hidden treasures. The past also holds hidden pain.
When i think of you, my heart aches.
It aches from memories and pain
a little thought is all it takes
and i can feel all my strength drain

The ache begins as a little tingle
an indication of sorrow to come
and i know these memories will linger
even after all the tears have gone

I wouldn't take anything back
the pain has helped me grow
but late at night, in the dark
when i have those thoughts of you,
my heart aches from memories and pain.

No comments: