Sunday, March 21, 2010

When an egg floats



There's dust everywhere. We try to keep the dust out but it gets back in. Its in our shoes, on our beds and in the bathtub. The air-conditioner has packed up. its cooler outside than in my room. I can't function properly under these circumstances. So i'm writing this on the roof of the cafeteria building. There's a little breeze tickling my cheeks. I know my face is white because i forgot to bring along a scarf. However, the thoughts i can feel rushing through my head make this worth it.


Some days back, Eno was boiling some eggs. I watched her scoop one out and proceed to throw it out. I asked her and she replied "it was floating, its obviously bad". I felt this was wrong. Even humans are treated this way. Does being different make us bad? 

I saved that egg because i thought i could relate to it. I used a felt tip pen to write 'I am special' on it. Yesterday, i was in the bathroom when i heard my roommate ask "what is this?' this was followed by a splat. Yes, she threw it away. 

P.s. I googled it and apparently, when an egg floats, its actually bad, but thats beside the point.

3 comments:

Rayo said...

i love the way u bring out beauty in such simple things, i can almost feel and see the things you are doin and feeling... lovely blog

Myne said...

Nice post, yeah an egg is bad if it floats but I like how you use it as an analogy.

Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Mrs I will blog only when an egg floats or insects invade.