Monday, October 25, 2010

Breaking up with the family.

The thought of getting serious may have crossed my mind once or twice but it wasn't something i really wanted. I enjoyed the freedom. Relationships are limiting and half the fights are about crossing these limits. I enjoyed what we had. It was un-serious and open. He was free to do whatever he wanted and he returned the favor. 
The beauty of our arrangement was that when my bad habit of getting bored kicked in, i could move on without hurting anyone. 
We were perfect. What happened? My mum happened. She accidentally met him and she fell in love. She wanted more, for him and me. The more she pushed, the more i wanted to get away. I wanted to be alone. Her approval increased my disapproval and i knew she was driving me away from him.
How do i end things with someone that my mother is in love with? 

3 comments:

Myne said...

A side of relationships most people don't talk about. I hope you make the best decision for you all..

jamiewhitewyatt said...

Your blog comment says, "So...what do you think?" WELL, since you asked: I think it's ideal if your Mum/family love your boyfriend! It makes holidays and family occasions much more pleasant. Sounds like maybe your Mum's approval forced you to realize you don't want a commitment with this guy. Or, maybe that you do want one?! As a Mother, I can tell you that it's natural to love those whom your children love, and hard on us when we are close to our kids boy/girl friends, and they end up breaking up--We Mothers naturally grow to love people in our kids lives, especially those who spend time with us!
You shouldn't stay with someone you aren't committed to, or manipulate someone to stay in a relationship with you, if you are misleading him that there may be a future, when know there is no future there--From someone who has lived a long time: "Open and free" NEVER lasts. At some point, one person, or the other, ends up wanting more (or less) from the relationship. You said yourself, "fights are about crossing these limits." Sounds like already your "open and free" has some issues. Don't blame your Mum for your "boredom." Own your actions, you CHOSE to "want to get away"--your Mum did not DRIVE you away from your boyfriend! YOU and your boyfriend have made your own choices. Don't blame your Mum!

roland said...

well , i agree with jamiewhitewyatt said. Your mom just want you to be happy. I think you just need more time to talk with your mom and explain to her what is your problem. i hope you will have a good life. take care.