Friday, October 2, 2009

Pump the throttle!!! Fool

                   I am one of those breeds of girls that have accepted the fact that they are dependent. I like the Destiny's Child song 'Independent Women", but thats as close to independent as i get. To top it all up, i tend not only to be accident prone, but to have a tendency to get in trouble. However, i am blessed, my friends are cut out to handle me and various my situations.


                  Today was one of those days when i wish i had rabbit feet. I called a cab to take me to the market. Everything was all peachy until the car stalled. Experienced drivers (like myself) know that when a manual geared car stalls, you turn the keys and pump the throttle. However, i was lucky enough to end up with a driver who did not know this. He kept on turning the key in the ignition without throttling. I wonder how he started the car in the first place. Anyhoo, the dude pops the hood and starts messing with his engine then comes back and repeats his miserable attempt at starting the car.



                 You are probably wondering why i dint tell the dude how to do it. I did, but he wudn't listen. He actually said "Let me handle this, i know what to do". then he calls a mechanic and next thing the engine is on the floor. At this point, i called my best friend and all he said was "where are you?". I was picked up and safely in the car before my two bffs started laughing.
Sigh. What would i do without them? probably still be there with Mr. I don't Know How to Drive. Hisssss

7 comments:

Dr. Patrice Smith said...

LOL! Hilarous! I'm not sure where u r but if u r in the U.S, I could understand y he doesn't know how to use a manual car, otherwise...
still lmao!

Myne said...

Some men, probably just can't take care advice from a girl. Your friends are great.

Azazel said...

Lol funny shit mehn..
That's crazy but glad u got picked up safe

velvet said...

A cab driver that doest know how to start a car. . Sounds funny. . Lucky u had friends to pick ya up. .

Enoch said...

System.out.println("Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I am not sure about the first one.");

Amy said...

Don't worry -- I'm constantly calling my parents, my fiance, and my friends before I can accomplish anything. Someone back into my car the other night (only minor damage) and he asked me how I wanted to handle the situation. All I could say was, "I need to call my mom; this has never happened to me before." Oh gosh. At least we're thankful for the people in our lives. :)

Chiamaka said...

he was probably thinking, she's just a girl. men and their masculinity