Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Art of karma (On a lighter note)

I grew up to the notion that if you do good to others, good will come to you. If you do bad, you will be hit with bad luck. I am not talking about the kind of bad luck you see in drama movies. I am talking about classic comedy type bad luck. Like walking on the road and getting a nice doze of cold water from a passing car. I think that's funny luck. Maybe not funny for you who got splashed, but a hell lot of funny for onlookers. 

 However, a friend was nice enough to inform me that karma is not a very reliable art. Apparently, you can get punished for something you did in your former life. Say what? I don't even remember things i did when i was one. Now we are talking about a past life. This friend of mine is of the belief that we are all recycled and no matter how much formatting is done, some viruses follow us into our next lives. 
I have a personal problem with karma; i think it never gets anything right. It either comes almost immediately, in which case its effects are little and easily gotten over. Or, it takes its time and then it overreacts with punishments that far outweigh the initial wrong doing.


I don't even want to add the part of the past life. How do i get punished for something i did in a past life. I DIED! is that not punishment enough? I think the only thing good about karma is watching people who talk too much get splashed by a passing car or stepping in poop. Sigh... just spilled a drink on myself, look what karma is doing to me and i haven't published this post yet.

3 comments:

Azazel said...

Lol ur friend is delusional buddy.
WTH @ get punished for things u did in ur other life. Ok o.
Wat is karma anywayz? I do not believe in it.

Charlene said...

LOL @ already punished for past life. I do believe in karma to a certain extent but heck, I can barely keep track of this life, let alone any others!

ChiTown Momma said...

Hey, your blog is great, btw...as I came upon it on bloggertricks.com. Check out mine when you get the chance! BTW...karma IS a bitch....that's why the golden rule is so golden(IE, do unto others).

Take care!