Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Perfect morning and the What if syndrome

I am not sure if i had been awake for a while, you know that point where you are dangling between dreamworld and reality or if i really was sleeping. I do know that the buzz from my laptop made me get up. I would not say i have a lot of friends. It is not because i am a loner or what not, it is just because i have a problem socializing. So when i do make friends, i know they are special. Anyways, he made me smile and he hit me with the bombshell: The poem he wrote during summer. It made me happy and yet sad. I haven't read something that has touched me in this way for a very long time and so, i am dedicating my perfect morning to a perfect friend. Here's our little secret shaped like a tree:

What if Syndrome.
What if i found a flower that you were so sure
If left alone for a while would blossom to something more.
What if i gazed on this flower and was consumed with an obsession
i couldn’t see how beautiful what i already had in my possession.
What if my flower vanished and left me petals of pain
Would i be selfish to ignore her, would that make me insane.
What if i was half dead and saw her looking from above.
Would that make me crazy, or I'm i just in love.
What if after all is said and done, after all my sorrows are gone.
I am still left with my worries,
of all that could be left of her
 are nothing more than memories.

2 comments:

Azazel said...

I like this boo..
Indeed @ What if

Charlene said...

Very nice - thanks for sharing & keep writing!