Thursday, September 17, 2009

Deadly little secret

I had a little secret
so i dug up the ground
and buried it
My secret grew
grew and grew
until it was something new
This new secret was big
so huge it broke the ground
i was scared people would see
so i called a friend 
we blocked it with a tree
The next day, she was dead
I felt i killed her
so i called my sister
we buried my friend
under the tree
beside my secret
My sister tripped
on a branch from the tree
she fell and hit her head
and i left her
there beside my secret

My father saw this happen
he ran towards the tree
i thought he would grab me
so i turned to flee
but the shock caught up with him
his heart gave way
what more can i say
he fell under the tree
right beside my sister
my friend and my secret

I had a little secret
nothing sinister
so, i buried it
it grew and grew
and killed my father
my friend and my sister

6 comments:

Azazel said...

Nonny.
I love ur blog and your poetry, i am not usually a fan of poetry but am warming to urs

Enoch said...

Deep.

You my friend are

".. a bluesman in the life of the mind, a jazzman in the world of ideas" - Cornel West

nonny said...

Thank you :)

ur sis said...

i always knew u were deep but this is a whole new side.
it's amazing,u have done well and really grown....

B3110 said...

Very impressive. And you thought i was better than you...how naive. :)

Dr. Patrice Smith said...

Hey missy...

I'm really enjoying your blog. You are quite unique (smile).
...and you are right - that's how it goes with secrets. We bury them and they grow and grow until they hurt the ones we love the most.

I'm also happy you joined my blog (Climb.Reach.Achieve) - hope you enjoy it, as I yours.

~cheers!