Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Birthday Wish

Standing in the middle of the field
waiting for the rain to come
Looking for salvation
something to cleanse my sins
I raise my head to the sky
teardrops roll down my face
What is freedom
and what is pain
I search for one
and find the other


Weighed down by all my sorrow
gasping for air
Fighting the burdens at my feet
trying to fly
Heal my broken heart
and leave my wounds
For one will maim me
the other would kill me


I feel age creep up on me
its claws try to grab me
I seek redemption
who will be my savior?
I scream to the coming rain
"liberate me from myself "



10 comments:

Azazel said...

Lol i love this nonny.
One will maim me, the other will kill me.

Myne said...

Interesting poem with a deep choice of words. I hope you find the freedom you seek.

Jenno said...

Sounds like how I feel a lot of days. Here's hoping happier days are on their way.

Jenno
http://lajenno.blogspot.com

Tufola said...

express yourself dear! Trust me ur not the only one that feels that way!

plainolebob said...

Tanny,
funny how choices work, damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Just don't settle for less though, when you weigh it out it really only matters on how you feel about yourself.
hugs

plainolebob said...

Nonny, sorry, i guess it's the virgo in me. lol

Enoch said...

Bulls eye every single time.

Anonymous said...

But you know I had to drop a comment on this. I know you copied it..so....cant give u credit 4 it....lol. Nice stuff though luv the deep thought behind it. Heriju

Bullet for my Valentine said...

I know this place where you were,because i was there in and around the same time too. I hope you have found your freedom and liberty and appreciate the things around you. Why have you stopped blogging?

nonny said...

i moved to http://temmyno1.wordpress.com