Monday, September 28, 2009

Random thoughts of a psycho

I have been staring at my computer screen for over an hour. At the back of my mind,  ideas were floating. Most of my ideas do that and sometimes its pretty hard catching them. Anyways, i finally got a hold of this idea but it came up with a million others and i thought this was hilarious. You may not, but i'm crazy like that. The result was a cocktail of thought, a bit sour but it'll grow on you.

To crave happiness, that feeling of ecstasy
To want what others have
because ours never seems enough
Human nature is curious nature
curious because we are
and curious because i ask
what drives us to do what we do

I have lost fights i thought winning was my destiny,
waited for fate to block all but one on crossroads.
Fairy tales exist but their truths are brutal,
reading between the lines is instant death.
Uncovering secrets and wishing them dead.

 Ignorance is bliss for the stupid
then call me dense
cos i derive ecstacy from not knowing
Its so much easier that way
The irony of my situation
is the downfall of my character
For where i pay the least attention
i remember the most


7 comments:

Chiamaka said...

the poem!!! realities might shock s, but i always hold on to a bit of dreams and fantasy just to keep sane

Myne said...

This poem makes so much sense. I'd rather be ignorant too of things that would hurt me. Good one.

Azazel said...

Nonnyyyy I love thisss

@ Fairy tales exist but their truths are brutal,
reading between the lines is instant death.
Uncovering secrets and wishing them dead

But that's what I love, brutal truths, i love uncovering secrets. It gives me joy, I would prefer to be knowledgeable of everything. I don't care if it makes me miserable

nonny said...

@ Hyaw
reality is so hard. i am totally with you on holding on to dreams to keep sane


@Myne
thank you

@controversy
are you kidding me? knowing the truth all the time might just kill you.

Enoch said...

Keep hoping you'll color the stanzas the same hue as the dots on your background. Brutal truth squashed that fairytale.

A toast to ignorance.

Here is to hoping that it blesses us in just the right places.

Mimi and Tilly said...

Hi Nonny. Your writing is very powerful. Thanks for following my blog. Sending smiles.

nonny said...

@Enoch
:P

@Mimi and Tilly
thank you